Governor Jindal Vetoes Budget Items for Individuals with Disabilities
Friday, June 21, 2013, Governor Jindal removed funding in the budget that had been restored by the Legislature for individuals with disabilities.
What does this mean?
- The 200 NOW slots that were added to the budget were cut.
- Individual and Family Support (IFS) funding for Developmental Disabilities Services through the Districts and Authorities (OCDD) were cut.
- Families Helping Families Resource Centers budgets will again be cut.
- Children’s Special Health Services will be cut and clinics will be closed
- Louisiana Assistive Technology Access Network (LATAN) will be cut.
These funds could be restored, again, if the Legislature decides to have a special session to override the Governor’s budget veto.
You can let your voice be heard on these programs by contacting your Senators and Representatives and the Governor.
Find your senator and representative by clicking here.
Call the Governor’s office at 1-866-366-1121 or email the Governor by visiting this website.